There are few things more maddening than watching state legislators try to regulate technology that they clearly do not understand. Cue Montana, where last week the legislature passed a bill banning TikTok from operating in the state.
Congratulations, Montana Governor Greg Gianforte. You just managed to accidentally ban all social media for Montanans. Good work.
Ari Cohn: Montana Made All Social Media Illegal Just To Ban TikTok
This microblog exists, because social networks and other bookmarking tools have far too much control over the internet. You can follow these shorter notes updates using any of the following. Be warned RSS is the only tool that cannot be taken away at the whim of a company.
- Calling For A Moratorium On Calling For A Moratorium On AI
- The AI Anti-Utopia, And Other Stories
- AI Enabled Greed And Stupidity
- The Advertising Pyramid Scheme
- The Business of Helping Build Businesses
- Ad Fed Brains, And Other Stories
- BuzzFeed News And Twitter Blues
- Advertising Demon, And Other Stories
- Brands As People, People As Brands
- Get Woke, Gain Earned Media Coverage