Double-stranded DNA viruses come in two main flavors, classified by their shapes. One contains large and giant DNA viruses that attack complex cells but also includes some viruses that are much smaller and infect bacteria. These viruses are shaped like soccer balls. The other flavor has tails and primarily infects bacteria and archaea but also contains the herpesvirus family, which infects animals.
Ars Technica: Link Between Herpesviruses And Giant Viruses Found
This microblog exists, because social networks and other bookmarking tools have far too much control over the internet. You can follow these shorter notes updates using any of the following. Be warned RSS is the only tool that cannot be taken away at the whim of a company.
- Calling For A Moratorium On Calling For A Moratorium On AI
- The AI Anti-Utopia, And Other Stories
- AI Enabled Greed And Stupidity
- The Advertising Pyramid Scheme
- The Business of Helping Build Businesses
- Ad Fed Brains, And Other Stories
- BuzzFeed News And Twitter Blues
- Advertising Demon, And Other Stories
- Brands As People, People As Brands
- Get Woke, Gain Earned Media Coverage